EN 13670:2009 – Execution of concrete structures
(1) This European Standard gives common requirements for execution of concrete structures, it applies to both in-situ works and construction using prefabricated concrete elements.
(2) This standard expects the execution specification to state all the specific requirements relevant to the particular structure.
(3) This standard is applicable to permanent as well as temporary concrete structures.
(4) Additional or different requirements should be considered and, if required, given in the execution specification when using:
a) lightweight aggregate concrete;
b) other materials (e.g. fibres) or constituent materials;
c) special technologies/innovative designs.
(5) This standard does not apply to concrete members used only as equipment or construction aids for the execution.
(6) This standard does not cover the specification, production and conformity of concrete.
(7) This standard is not applicable to the production of precast concrete elements made in accordance with product standards.
(8) This standard does not cover safety and health aspects of execution, or third party safety requirements.
(9) This standard does not cover contractual issues or responsibilities for the identified actions.
NOTE It is within the concept of this standard that supplementing requirements can be given for the individual project in the execution specification, on a national level in a national annex, or on a general basis in European standards for special applications e.g. standards for special geotechnical works.
2 Normative references
The following referenced documents are indispensable for the application of this document. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document (including any amendments) applies.
EN 206-1, Concrete ― Part 1: Specification, performance, production and conformity
EN 446, Grout for prestressing tendons ― Grouting procedures
EN 447, Grout for prestressing tendons ― Basic requirements
EN 523, Steel strip sheaths for prestressing tendons ― Terminology, requirements, quality control
EN 10080, Steel for the reinforcement of concrete ― Weldable reinforcing steel ― General
EN ISO 17660-1, Welding ― Welding of reinforcing steel ― Part 1: Load-bearing welded joints (ISO 17660-1:2006)
EN ISO 17660-2, Welding ― Welding of reinforcing steel ― Part 2: Non load-bearing welded joints (ISO 17660-2:2006)
3 Terms and definitions
For the purposes of this document, the following terms and definitions apply.
propping installed at levels below the slab that supports the falsework in order to distribute the load to suitable support
chair for reinforcement
device used to secure the position between reinforcement layers e.g. supporting top reinforcement in a slab
everything that is constructed or results from construction operations [EN 1990]
NOTE The term covers both building and civil engineering works. It refers to the complete construction works comprising structural and non-structural and geotechnical elements.